Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by "laijb@ucweb.com" <la...@ucweb.com> on 2014/07/03 11:29:28 UTC

OutofMemory Error after starting Hive metastore

Hi All,
when I start hive metastore by running issued the "hive --service metastore",But we are seeing this error. Any pointers on how to solve this ?

Exception in thread "pool-6-thread-1" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readStringBody(TBinaryProtocol.java:353)
at org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readMessageBegin(TBinaryProtocol.java:215)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.TUGIBasedProcessor.process(TUGIBasedProcessor.java:76)
at org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:244)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

laijb@ucweb.com