Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Kevin Morin <mo...@codelutin.com> on 2015/01/19 12:39:19 UTC

Error on PDDocument.load

Hi,

I am using the 2.0 snapshot version to images of pdfs, but on some
documents, I have the following error when I call PDDocument.load(file):
2015/01/19 12:32:48 ERROR
(org.apache.pdfbox.pdfparser.NonSequentialPDFParser:1864) - Can't find
the object 7 0 (origin offset 359138)
2015/01/19 12:32:48 ERROR
(org.apache.pdfbox.contentstream.PDFStreamEngine:840) - Missing XObject: Im1

I first had it a few days ago (I did not report it, shame on me) but the
error did not occur when I called the loadLegacy method on PDDocument.
But the loadLegacy method is not available anymore...

The issue happens on Windows (works fine on Debian).

Thanks fo your help

Kevin

Re: Error on PDDocument.load

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi Andreas,

Kevin already sent it to me so I'll forward it to you.

BR
Maruan

Re: Error on PDDocument.load

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Re: Error on PDDocument.load

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi Kevin,

Re: Error on PDDocument.load

Posted by Kevin Morin <mo...@codelutin.com>.
Hi Maruan,

Re: Error on PDDocument.load

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi Kevin,

Re: Error on PDDocument.load

Posted by John Hewson <jo...@jahewson.com>.
Hmm, if it doesn’t render in Acrobat we probably shouldn’t render it either...

-- John

Re: Error on PDDocument.load

Posted by Kevin Morin <mo...@codelutin.com>.
Hi guys,

thanks a lot for fixing this :D

BR

Kevin

Re: Error on PDDocument.load

Posted by Kevin Morin <mo...@codelutin.com>.
HI,

Re: Error on PDDocument.load

Posted by Kevin Morin <mo...@codelutin.com>.
Hi,

Re: Error on PDDocument.load

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

Re: Error on PDDocument.load

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
No, his file is confidential.

Re: Error on PDDocument.load

Posted by John Hewson <jo...@jahewson.com>.
Can we get a JIRA issue open for this, preferably with the file attached?

-- John

> On 11 Feb 2015, at 00:29, Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de> wrote:
>
> Yes, they made hacks. So did we, for many types of malformed files. Please send the file also to Andreas, unless you already did, he did many workarounds for malformed files.
>
> Tilman
>
>> Am 11.02.2015 um 09:05 schrieb Kevin Morin:
>> Ok. Why other softwares are able to open it (like xpf)? I guess they made a hack to fix this? Are you going to do something too?
>>
>> Thanks
>> BR
>>
>> Kevin
>>
>>> On 11/02/2015 08:53, Tilman Hausherr wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I can reproduce the error. Your file is malformed. Please open it with
>>> NOTEPAD++ and go to the end:
>>>
>>> xref
>>> 1 7
>>> 0000000000 65535 f
>>> 0000000009 00000 n
>>> 0000358745 00000 n
>>> 0000358842 00000 n
>>> 0000359029 00000 n
>>> 0000359087 00000 n
>>> 0000359138 00000 n

Re: Error on PDDocument.load

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

Re: Error on PDDocument.load

Posted by Kevin Morin <mo...@codelutin.com>.

Re: Error on PDDocument.load

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Hi,

I can reproduce the error. Your file is malformed. Please open it with
NOTEPAD++ and go to the end:

xref
1 7
0000000000 65535 f
0000000009 00000 n
0000358745 00000 n
0000358842 00000 n
0000359029 00000 n
0000359087 00000 n
0000359138 00000 n
trailer

The first number (1) means the number of the first object. So it would
be 1. The second number(7) is the size of the table. The number 1 is
incorrect, it should be 0, because "0000000000 65535 f" is the dummy
object 0. Press CTRL-G and enter the offsets (e.g. 9, 45, 358745, ...)
and you will see what I mean.

 From the pdf spec:

Re: Error on PDDocument.load

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
I meant, send me (tilman at snafu dot de) the file that makes trouble.

Tilman

Re: Error on PDDocument.load

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
You forgot the attachment

Re: Error on PDDocument.load

Posted by Kevin Morin <mo...@codelutin.com>.
Hi,

Re: Error on PDDocument.load

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

Re: Error on PDDocument.load

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
If you can, please send me (tilman at snafu dot de) the file that makes
trouble in W2008 only.

Also make sure that you are using the latest 2.0 version.
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/pdfbox/pdfbox-app/2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/
we're now at version 1051, thus
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/pdfbox/pdfbox-app/2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/pdfbox-app-2.0.0-20150208.152501-1051.jar

I don't have W2008, but I wonder about the two error messages you mention

janv. 21, 2015 11:20:02 AM
org.apache.pdfbox.pdfparser.NonSequentialPDFParser checkXrefOffsets
GRAVE: Can't find the object 7 0 (origin offset 359138)
janv. 21, 2015 11:20:03 AM org.apache.pdfbox.contentstream.PDFStreamEngine
operatorException
GRAVE: Missing XObject: Im1

I would like to have a look at the PDF to see if there's anything that
*could* make trouble, e.g. in a bad installation.

Tilman

Re: Error on PDDocument.load

Posted by Kevin Morin <mo...@codelutin.com>.
Hi,