Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Nic Werner <we...@sonoma.edu> on 2005/06/03 23:24:34 UTC

Upgrade from Tomcat 4 to 5

Hi,
    I've got an application using Tomcat 4, JSTL 1.0 and I'm trying to
upgrade it to Tomcat 5. The problem I'm having is the <c:out value/> is
no longer used, and I have to use just the ${variable} EL syntax, is
this correct?
    There is more to this problem, but I was hoping to use the newer
version of JSTL with Tomcat5, and wasn't really sure what needed to change.

Thanks,

- Nic.

Re: Upgrade from Tomcat 4 to 5

Posted by David Schwartz <ds...@arrayone.com>.
Try changing the taglib in your jsp to...

<%@ taglib prefix = "c" uri = "http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" %>

Re: Upgrade from Tomcat 4 to 5

Posted by Rahul P Akolkar <ak...@us.ibm.com>.
Nic -

I recommend downloading the JSTL 1.1 Spec Maintenance Release from here [
http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/jstl/ ] and reading Appendix A
(Compatibility & Migration), specifically A.2 deals which JSTL 1.0 -> 1.1
migration. Should have everything you need to know.

-Rahul

Re: Upgrade from Tomcat 4 to 5

Posted by Nic Werner <we...@sonoma.edu>.

Re: Upgrade from Tomcat 4 to 5