Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Eva Tse <et...@netflix.com> on 2009/06/15 02:34:28 UTC

Query execution error on cast w/ lazyserde w/ join ...

We get this error when having ³cast (tablename.properties['time'] as
int)/3600.0² in the select clause of a hive query (with join). Is this a
known problem/limitation?
BTW, this only happens when this table is joined with another table in the
query.

Thanks,
Eva.

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.HashMap cannot be cast to
org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.lazy.LazyMap
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.objectinspector.LazyMapObjectInspector.getMapV
alueElement(LazyMapObjectInspector.java:85)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExprNodeIndexEvaluator.evaluate(ExprNodeIndex
Evaluator.java:86)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExprNodeFuncEvaluator.evaluate(ExprNodeFuncEv
aluator.java:99)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExprNodeFuncEvaluator.evaluate(ExprNodeFuncEv
aluator.java:99)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExprNodeFuncEvaluator.evaluate(ExprNodeFuncEv
aluator.java:99)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.SelectOperator.process(SelectOperator.java:67
)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.forward(Operator.java:383)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FilterOperator.process(FilterOperator.java:70
)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.forward(Operator.java:383)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.JoinOperator.createForwardJoinObject(JoinOper
ator.java:298)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.JoinOperator.genObject(JoinOperator.java:541)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.JoinOperator.genObject(JoinOperator.java:530)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.JoinOperator.genObject(JoinOperator.java:530)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.JoinOperator.checkAndGenObject(JoinOperator.j
ava:571)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.JoinOperator.endGroup(JoinOperator.java:553)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExecReducer.reduce(ExecReducer.java:145)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ReduceTask.run(ReduceTask.java:430)

RE: Query execution error on cast w/ lazyserde w/ join ...

Posted by Ashish Thusoo <at...@facebook.com>.
We will start on 0.4.0 in a couple of weeks at the latest once we are more comfortable with the trunk deployment that we are running in production and yes the patch for 0.20 fix will be a part of the release.

Ashish

________________________________
Posted by Ashish Thusoo <at...@facebook.com>.
I expect us to start cutting the branch for 0.4 in the next 2-3 weeks. Once we move our internal systems to the head of the trunk we can safely cut a branch out.

Ashish

________________________________
Yeah - we will get the 0.20 patch committed before 0.4

________________________________

RE: Query execution error on cast w/ lazyserde w/ join ...

Posted by Zheng Shao <zs...@gmail.com>.

--
Yours,
Zheng

Re: Query execution error on cast w/ lazyserde w/ join ...

Posted by Eva Tse <et...@netflix.com>.
Great thanks! We are using hive 0.3.0 based on what I know.

BTW, is there a quick way to find out current hive version on command line
like Œhive ­v¹? That would be helpful.

Posted by Zheng Shao <zs...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eva,