Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Steve \"Ice Cube\" Lombardi" <ic...@bigfoot.com> on 2006/05/19 14:59:17 UTC

Re: Best pratice - CRUD Security - Tapestry 4.0 - persistence BY EJB3

Thank for Your Reply, it's likely what i have to do... even if i'm
using EJB3 persistence with JBoss 4... it's implemented by Hibernate
but i don't know if this particular feature is implemented... for
example Query By Criteria and Query By Example are not part of the EJB3 Feature

And Another Question... seems to me that i can't modify at runtime
this filter... i can enable or disable... i can't modify the
semantic.... at least i can add an "always true" parameter for a
sub-condition....

Thank for the info!!!!

>"Hugo Palma" <hu...@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>It looks to me that hibernate filters would do the trick,as this is more
>like data access security than page or service level security.
>You can read more about it here
>http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/v3/reference/en/html/filters.html
>
>On 5/19/06, Stefano Girotti <ic...@hotpop.com> wrote:
>>

>>"Brian K. Wallace" <br...@transmorphix.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> >
>> > This is where I stick with ACEGI being unobtrusive. Not discounting any
>> > other method of doing it at all, but I found that with ACEGI I add a
>> > hook into "login/logout" pages and there's no other intrusion into my
>> > Tapestry applications outside the configuration file (aka: no
>> > "isUserInRole("...")" of any kind.
>> >
>> > Again - one size doesn't fit all - especially with security. Take the
>> > "easiest way for you" as long as it foots the bill and you're usually
>> > alright.
>>
>>i'm looking for a Searchable Security:
>>for example:
>>for the current user i have to find what special offers can buy....
>>and again.... the classic Access Control List have read - write - delete
>>or
>>admin properties....  i'd like to extend it... for example a special offer
>>is avaible from date to date... or by special code...
>>
>>i had a look to ACEGI  and seems to me that is not what i'm looking for :(

Signature Light              \\  ~ ~  //
                               (  O o  )

Main e-mail: icecuber@bigfoot.com
IRC Nick: IceCubeR
ICQ UIN: 48898319