Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by jelmer <jk...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/15 17:57:30 UTC

recovering from el expression failure

Hi,

In my workflow I have a switch that looks like this

<switch>
    <case to="Foo">${fs:exists('hdfs://host/path')}</case>
    <default to="Bar"/>
</switch>

However the exists el expression can throw an exception when the namenode
is not whiteliisted in oozie.

Unfortunately the whitelist is not under my control and when this exception
is raised I would like it to use the default transition.

Is it possible to do this ?

Re: recovering from el expression failure

Posted by Peter Cseh <ge...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Unfortunately I don't think so. It's not possible to define an <error>
transition inside the decision or the switch node.
It would be a nice feature though.
gp

--
*Peter Cseh* | Software Engineer, Cloudera Search
cloudera.com <https://www.cloudera.com>

Re: recovering from el expression failure

Posted by jelmer <jk...@gmail.com>.
no

Posted by Trevor Grayson <tr...@trevorgrayson.com>.
unsubscribe