Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by clearchris <cl...@hotmail.com> on 2007/05/22 17:18:46 UTC

accounting features and pos customization

Hello.

Do any of the credit card processors/gateways in the accounting package
support "card present" transactions?  If not, what have people used as
solutions?  Do they just pay the higher "card not present" rate?

Has anyone succeeded in editing the XUI sceens of the POS using the
Kaleideoscope plugin for either netbeans or eclipse?

Thanks!

Chris

RE: accounting features and pos customization

Posted by clearchris <cl...@hotmail.com>.
Chris H, you are correct, the proper term is "swiped".  That said, the
processors in Europe are different than the US, so I'm not sure how much
will overlap.

If anyone is interested, I did some research on the features of the existing
integrated payment services/software.  My specific requirements are support
for swiped transactions and linux.  Authorize.Net may satisfy those
requirements, or I may end up writing an integration to a processor that
supports internet connectivity.

Full disclosure:  I worked for ClearCommerce.

Authorize.Net
	Aquired by First Data.
	I believe it is available as a service.
	Supports swiped and card not present transactions.
	http://www.authorize.net

ClearCommerce
	Aquired by Efunds.
	Available for purchase, or through third parties as a service.
	Supports leased line and internet connection to processor.
	Supports card not present and fraud detection.
	http://www.clearcommerce.com

Cybersource
	Supports card not present and fraud detection.
	Available as a service.

Go Software
	Aquired by Verifone, rebranded as PCCharge.
	Available as a software purchase, requires windows.
	Supports dial, leased line and internet connection to processor.
	Supports swiped and card not present transactions.
	http://www.pccharge.com/products/pccharge_pro.htm

Paypal

ValueLink
	Rebranded as "First Data Gift Card"
	Provides gift card processing
	http://www.valuelink.info/

Verisign
	Aquired by PayPal, product called PayFlow Gateway
	Internet transactions only.
	Communication to processor via internet only.
	It's priced per transaction, so it's probably a service.
	The web site is light on technical details

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_payflow-gateway-overview-outside

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Chris,