Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Sells, Fred" <fr...@adventistcare.org> on 2003/10/09 22:02:54 UTC

inline fixed width spacing

I would like to use fixed horizontal spacing without using a table to put
some id stuff in tiny print across the bottom of the page such as

form #123456                      West Coast Division     ref # xyz

these are going into the region-after which has static content.

I've been trying all the variations on fo:inline and fo:inline-container
with no effect.  I had been doing this with a table, but I'm trying to
streamline things abit plus now I'm getting stubborn about it and just want
to see what I'm missing.

Any clues?

Re: inline fixed width spacing

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Sells, Fred wrote:

> I would like to use fixed horizontal spacing without using a table to put
> some id stuff in tiny print across the bottom of the page such as
>
> form #123456                      West Coast Division     ref # xyz
>
> these are going into the region-after which has static content.
>
> I've been trying all the variations on fo:inline and fo:inline-container
> with no effect.

What's "fixed horizontal spacing":
- a fixed space between '#123456' and 'West'
- 'West' starting at a fixed horizontal position?
For the latter, the only possibilities working in FOP are tables and
absolutely placed block containers.
For the former, a leader with leader-length.optimum="10cm" or so should
work. Spacer graphics should work to the same way as in HTML.

J.Pietschmann