Posted to dev@sis.apache.org by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com> on 2016/04/01 14:34:33 UTC

Re: Starting a new module for GPX

I wonder if we could find a name slightly more generic than "GPX" (GPS
eXchange Format) [1]. The basic idea is to provide a stream of Feature
from a XML document. There is some other formats with the same basic
idea, for example Moving Features [2]. I suspect that those two formats
would share 90% of the same internal mechanic, with only minor
variations about e.g. the name of XML elements. I think it would make
sense to supports those two formats in the same module so they can share
the same code base.

So what would be the module name? Probably "sis-storage-xml" would be
too wide because the intend is not to support all XML formats, but only
those which are only minor variations of each other. Something that
suggests "simple stream of features from a XML or JSON file"?

    Martin

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPS_Exchange_Format
[2] http://docs.opengeospatial.org/is/14-083r2/14-083r2.html