Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Andrea Smyth <an...@iona.com> on 2006/08/29 12:08:44 UTC

Checkstyle problems on Windows

When doing a quick test on Windows after commit r437872 I overlooked the
fact that I had commented out the use of checkstyle in my top level
pom.xml :(
On the mainline, Windows builds fail because the maven checkstyle
propertyExpansion does not correctly expand the ${basedir} property in
<propertyExpansion>apache.header.file=${basedir}/${topDirectoryLocation}/etc/apache-header.txt</propertyExpansion>
(it expands to C:svnworkspacecxfcommon\..\etc\apache-header.txt without
the slashes). I could not find a JIRA issue for the plugin  but it seems
a known problem all right, see
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-users/200605.mbox/%3c446997B9.15135.4FC0E59@ckk.mms-dresden.de%3e
Trying to find a workaround ...

Andrea.

Re: Checkstyle problems on Windows

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.
Andrea,

I've worked around this by embedding the entire header into checkstyle.xml.
Kind of sucks, but it at least allows the check.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer