Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Jiří Kovalský <ji...@oracle.com> on 2019/03/26 14:39:30 UTC

Results from Apache NetBeans 11.0 Community Acceptance survey

Hello NetBeans community,

    thanks to all 27 respondents who expressed their opinion on the Vote
Candidate 4 of Apache NetBeans IDE 11.0 to date. If you didn't have a
chance to look at the VC4 build or simply forgot to cast your vote,
don't give up and do it [1] as soon as possible.

[1] https://goo.gl/forms/5bNWPBtOJYD2yGMX2

    Firstly, we realize that due to Plugin Portal which was down for
some time last week many people couldn't download nb-javac and js-parser
plugins which were essential for any serious evaluation. And secondly,
we want the results to be representative so we rather hope for ~100

Are we naive :) or do we get some more feedback?

BTW, so far the numbers are very good with just one potentially serious
issue identified in refactoring [2] which we are looking into as we speak.

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-2240

Thanks to anyone who joins the team of 27 brave voters!

Best regards,
-Jirka

AW: Results from Apache NetBeans 11.0 Community Acceptance survey

Posted by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net>.
Hey Jiri,

back in the days for NetBeans < 9, the survey had some plain text fields where the users could add some stuff, like what features they want or some General comments. Can you remember? What happened with them? Why where there removed? I mean not the fields on each question, I mean a seperate site with some fields as you can find it here: https://qa.netbeans.org/processes/cat/82/ca_results.html at the end you can see general comments and suggested features.

Cheers

Chris

Posted by Jiří Kovalský <ji...@oracle.com>.
Hi again,