Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Michael Christensen <ma...@rammstein.dk> on 2005/04/26 17:36:39 UTC

Log-viewer tool for ADONetAppender logdata

Hi

Just wanted to let you know that I have written a simple tool to view
logdata logged to a SQL Server database using the ADONetAppender, called
(in lack of a better name) Log4net Database Viewer.

It can be found (with source) here:
http://www.totalannihilation.dk/wordpress/log4net-database-viewer/

As far as I can google no other such tool exists, except Chainsaw which
has caused me no end of trouble, and log4net-viewer, which only does UDP
appenders.

The tool has the basic filtering capabilities (view all or only selected
levels, filter on logger, show only the X newest rows) but nothing fancy.

Here is a screenshot:
http://www.totalannihilation.dk/mac/images/log4netdbviewer.png

and here is a link to direct download of binaries and C# source:
http://totalannihilation.dk/mac/download/Log4NetDBViewer_1.1.zip (40K)

Hope this will be useful for someone (besides myself, that is!)

Regards
Michael Christensen
http://www.totalannihilation.dk/mac