Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Cody Sherr <cs...@covalent.net> on 2001/08/10 01:32:06 UTC

configuration directives for spmt_os2

This mpm is missing these configuration directives:

ScoreBoardFile
LockFile
AcceptMutex

though it uses related variables Is there a reason for this?

Cody Sherr

Engineer
Covalent Technologies

phone: (415)536-5292
email: csherr@covalent.net

Re: configuration directives for spmt_os2

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@ebuilt.com>.
On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 03:25:21PM +1000, Brian Havard wrote:
> that convention (which I prefered). Do we have an MPM naming convension or
> is it just whatever the author feels like?

Whatever you feel like.  I wish we had a naming convention though.

mpmt_os2, mpmt_pthread, mpmt_winnt, spmt_pthread, etc. would be what
I'd suggest.  -- justin

Re: configuration directives for spmt_os2

Posted by Brian Havard <br...@kheldar.apana.org.au>.
On Thu, 9 Aug 2001 17:20:59 -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:

>Sorry, didn't mean to send this to the list.  When I said it was messed up,
>I meant the OS/2 MPM wasn't like the rest of them.  My general feeling
>is that if the OS/2 or Windows MPMs don't make sense, leave them alone,
>and let the developers who understand them do any work on them
>later.

Fair enough. It is actually quite a mess due to the fact that it was a
quick hack port of prefork with threads substituted for processes. I'm
currently working on an mpmt MPM for OS/2 that will replace it, written
from scratch. It currently runs & serves requests but still needs some work
to be complete.

I'd like to call it mpmt_os2 but MPM naming seems to have moved away from

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net>.
Sorry, didn't mean to send this to the list.  When I said it was messed up,
I meant the OS/2 MPM wasn't like the rest of them.  My general feeling
is that if the OS/2 or Windows MPMs don't make sense, leave them alone,
and let the developers who understand them do any work on them
later.

Ryan

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net>.

Posted by Brian Havard <br...@kheldar.apana.org.au>.
On Thu, 9 Aug 2001 16:32:06 -0700 (PDT), Cody Sherr wrote:

>This mpm is missing these configuration directives:
>
>ScoreBoardFile

It never uses a file for the scoreboard. As a single process MPM, it
doesn't even need shared memory for it.

>LockFile
>AcceptMutex

OS/2 has native locks, no lock file or alternative mutex types are needed.