Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dan <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/02 16:09:28 UTC

[users@httpd] error initializing: HTTPS redirected to HTTP is not supported

Hello all. I have a pair of apache proxy/web-app servers that
simultaneously reported this error this morning. At the time logrotate
was stopping and starting apache.

I've never seen this error before, and teh google isn't giving me
anything useful. I have no proxy statements or redirects in my config
that send HTTPS to HTTP.

If anyone could shed some light on what would cause this error, I'd
appreciate it.

Re: [users@httpd] error initializing: HTTPS redirected to HTTP is not supported

Posted by Dan <ra...@gmail.com>.
2011/6/3 Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>:

> [...]

My apologies Igor for the slow reply. The error doesn't occur on
startup. It only appears in the server's message log at seemingly
random times. Maybe it's presumptuous of me to assume this has
something to do with apache, but it's the only daemon serving up HTTP
and HTTPS on this system.

Here's the exact entry from the messages log:
Jun  8 16:02:16 <server_name> : error initializing: HTTPS redirected
to HTTP is not supported

As you can see, it just happened again.

Thanks,

Dan