Posted to user@struts.apache.org by José Ventura <ve...@cit.com.br> on 2003/04/14 22:00:29 UTC

Submitting a form to different actions

I have a form that I want to send to two different actions, based
on the button the user clicked on (sort of a /update.do or
/insert.do). But in the html:form tag I can only specify one:

html:form action="/update.do"

Is there a way to change the action that is triggered? I thought
of changing the form's action in Javascript; that way, each button
would be a "javascript:goSubmit( 'update' )" or
"javascript:goSubmit( 'insert' )". The goSubmit() function would
look like this:

function goSubmit( type ) {
    if ( type1... ) {
        document.myform.action = "/insert.do";