Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/22 07:38:50 UTC

[TRINIDAD] 1.0.3: new PPR features

Just added:

- PPR should be a good bit more efficient, as most input + output
  components will not render anything unless they are being PPR'd,
  and tables, trees, treeTables, navigationPanes and trains
  will be entirely skipped unless they or one of their contents
  is being PPR'd.

  Until now, PPR rendered everything and a ResponseWriter trimmed
  out what shouldn't be rendered.  That's still the case in part, but
  we can now entirely skip some branches of the UIComponent hierarchy.
  (The client validation code had to be somewhat overhauled to make
  this possible.)

- A new "addDomReplaceListener()" method provides notification
  of DOM changes from PPR.  A trivial example is:

function notePpr(oldDom, newDom)
{
 console.log("old", oldDom);
 console.log("new", newDom);
}

TrPage.getInstance().addDomReplaceListener(notePpr);

  ... which logs to Firebug any DOM elements that have been
  added or removed.

 Feedback we need:  currently, this API is called *after*
 the DOM replacement has happened, and gives you no
 way of preventing or overriding the DOM replacement.  I'm
 far from convinced that's the right choice:  it might be better
 to run this before replacement and allow this  function to "return
 false;", in which case no replacement would happen.

Cheers,
Adam Winer

Re: [TRINIDAD] 1.0.3: new PPR features

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi,

>  Feedback we need:  currently, this API is called *after*
>  the DOM replacement has happened, and gives you no
>  way of preventing or overriding the DOM replacement.  I'm
>  far from convinced that's the right choice:  it might be better
>  to run this before replacement and allow this  function to "return
>  false;", in which case no replacement would happen.

Nice feature, this API.
running it up front the replacement, to skip (for instance) might be
the right choice.

.M

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: [TRINIDAD] 1.0.3: new PPR features

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
Hello Francisco,

Release 1.0.2 includes real AJAX already. For now, new features are always
mirrored in both JSF 1.1 and 1.2, matching with the last release number
digit. i.e. features in 1.0.2 can be also found in 1.2.2.

Regards,

~ Simon

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi,

102 release does.
1.2.2 (for JSF 1.2) as well

-M

Posted by Francisco Passos <fr...@gmail.com>.
Excellent!

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
currently we run the 1.2.2

some more days/weeks after 1.2.2, to test 1.0.3 I think..

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Sounds great Adam