Posted to user@spark.apache.org by infa elance <in...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/11 17:19:55 UTC

Spark Newbie question

This is stand-alone spark cluster. My understanding is spark is an
execution engine and not a storage layer.
Spark processes data in memory but when someone refers to a spark table
created through sparksql(df/rdd) what exactly are they referring to?

Could it be a Hive table? If yes, is it the same hive store that spark uses?
Is it a table in memory? If yes, how can an external app

Spark version with hadoop : spark-2.0.2-bin-hadoop2.7

Thanks and appreciate your help!!
Ajay.

Re: Spark Newbie question

Posted by infa elance <in...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jerry for the clarification.

Ajay.

Re: Spark Newbie question

Posted by Jerry Vinokurov <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ajay,

--
http://www.google.com/profiles/grapesmoker

Re: Spark Newbie question

Posted by infa elance <in...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, i guess i hit the send button too soon....

This question is regarding a spark stand-alone cluster. My understanding is