Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID> on 2018/01/25 09:51:38 UTC

[DRAFT2][ANNOUNCE] Apache Royale 0.9.0 Released

Please comment on the draft below which tries to implement feedback on the
first draft.  I'm thinking we should wait to see if Om can find a way to
publish the artifacts via NPM or find a non-mirrored URL for the NPM
package before we finalize instructions about NPM and send out the
announcement.

Thoughts?
-Alex

-----------

The Apache Royale community is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Royale 0.9.0.

Apache Royale is a new project that took over the work on what was being
called FlexJS, a next-generation of the Apache Flex SDK that enables
developers to use MXML and ActionScript to generated HTML/JS/CSS so
applications can run natively in browsers.  The cross-compiled code can
also be used in Apache Cordova (Adobe PhoneGap) mobile applications.

(Apache Flex is a highly productive, open source application framework for
building and maintaining expressive applications that deploy on Adobe
Flash and Adobe AIR to provide a consistent experience on all major
browsers, desktops and devices.)

This release should be considered ‘beta' quality. The purpose of this
release is to gather feedback about the features and implementation
strategies, and to recruit new contributors. We hope to grow the code base
into an SDK and tool chain that delivers the highest productivity when
developing applications that can run on many platforms. Beta releases may
not handle production needs.

Please file bugs at:

  https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/issues

If you happen to know it is a compiler issue, please use:

  https://github.com/apache/royale-compiler/issues

For questions about how to use Royale, send email to
users@royale.apache.org.  For questions and feedback on the development of
the source code in the release, send email to dev@royale.apache.org.

Apache Royale is available in source and binary
form from the Apache mirrors:

Source:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/royale/0.9.0/apache-royale-0.9.0-src.t
ar.gz

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/royale/0.9.0/apache-royale-0.9.0-src.z
ip

Binary:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/royale/0.9.0/binaries/apache-royale-0.
9.0-bin-js.tar.gz
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/royale/0.9.0/binaries/apache-royale-0.
9.0-bin-js.zip

Binary with SWF support:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/royale/0.9.0/binaries/apache-royale-0.
9.0-bin-js-swf.tar.gz
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/royale/0.9.0/binaries/apache-royale-0.
9.0-bin-js-swf.zip

When downloading from a mirror site, please remember to verify the
downloads using signatures or MD5 hashes.

The -bin-js-swf package is not working when installed via NPM.  The bin-js
package can be installed via NPM by running:

Mac:

  sudo npm install -g <url tbd>

Windows:

  npm install -g <url tbd>

We expect the packages to be available in the NPM registry in future
releases.

See the README for more information. Visit http://royale.apache.org/ for
links to other resources.

Please try Royale and become involved in shaping the future of application
development.

The Apache Royale Community

Re: [DRAFT2][ANNOUNCE] Apache Royale 0.9.0 Released

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 28, 2018 3:34 AM, "Piotr Zarzycki" <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Om,

But Alex figure out that we can use links from GitHub which I published
[1]. Only JSOnly working.

sudo npm install -g
https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/releases/download/apache-royale-0.9.0
/apache-royale-0.9.0-bin-js.tar.gz

Can we for that release ?

Yes, we can announce this.  Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,
Om

Thanks, Piotr

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Om,

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 11:42 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.invalid>
wrote:

> I was (and still am) confused by Om's effort to publish the NPM artifacts.
>  I was waiting to hear back from Om as to whether it was going to happen
> so we know whether to recommend to folks to use the URL on GitHub or not.
>
> I will send the announcement shortly with the GH URL, and we can send a
> correction later if Om figures out how to get the packages published in
> NPM.

I'm working on the scripts right now.  As I mentioned earlier, that wont
work until the next release of Royale.
It would be best to recommend users to install via the github url for now.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: [DRAFT2][ANNOUNCE] Apache Royale 0.9.0 Released

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: [DRAFT2][ANNOUNCE] Apache Royale 0.9.0 Released

Posted by Jason Guild <ja...@alaska.gov>.
Alex: