Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Luca Furini <lf...@cs.unibo.it> on 2005/09/13 11:04:46 UTC

Re: svn commit: r280520 - /xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/fop/layoutmgr/inline/TextLayoutManager.java

I wrote:

> Factorized the creation of the elements in TextLM: now both getNextKE()
> and getChangedKE() > call the same methods createElementsForASpace() and
> crateElementsForAWordFragment().
>
> This should definitively solve bug 36533.

Besides removing duplicated lines and inconsistencies, I hope this could
help making this part of code a little more readable and easily
understandable.

I'm going to see if these methods can be moved up to the LeafNodeLM, thus
being available for all subclasses.

Manuel, I hope you don't have to spend a lot of time merging this changes
with the work you are doing; I think you could add further parameters to
createElementsForASpace(), to pass the variables you need for borders and
padding.

Regards
     Luca

Re: svn commit: r280520 - /xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/fop/layoutmgr/inline/TextLayoutManager.java

Posted by Manuel Mall <mm...@arcus.com.au>.
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 05:04 pm, Luca Furini wrote:
> I wrote:
<snip />
> Manuel, I hope you don't have to spend a lot of time merging this
> changes with the work you are doing; I think you could add further
> parameters to createElementsForASpace(), to pass the variables you
> need for borders and padding.

Luca, no problem - merged my stuff with your new Text LM.

> Regards
>      Luca
Manuel