Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Vinod Panicker <vi...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/10 18:33:52 UTC

[m2] deploy not working

Hi,

I read all the guides for deployment, tried with wagon, without wagon,
single file deployment and private key authentication as well, but I'm
not able to get my linux machine to deploy on a win2k server running
openssh.

Trying to use scp to do so, but its a no go. scp from the command line
works fine.

Pasting sections of settings.xml and pom.xml -

<project>
    <build>
      <extensions>
        <extension>
          <groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>
          <artifactId>wagon-ssh-external</artifactId>
          <version>1.0-alpha-5</version>
        </extension>
      </extensions>
    </build>
    <distributionManagement>
      <repository>
        <id>server-repo</id>
        <name>Local Repository</name>
        <url>scpexe://192.168.1.1/cygdrive/e/m2</url>
      </repository>
    </distributionManagement>
</project>

<settings>
  <servers>
    <server>
      <id>server-repo</id>
      <username>administrator</username>
    </server>
  </servers>
</settings>

I've got my private key in /home/user/.ssh and the server is
appropriately configured to accept it.  As said before, I can do an
scp from the command line with the same credentials.

Should I reopen WAGONSSH-30?

Regards,
Vinod.

Re: [m2] deploy not working

Posted by Tim Kettler <ti...@udo.edu>.
Vinod Panicker schrieb:
> On 5/11/06, Henry S. Isidro <hi...@exist.com> wrote:
>> On Thursday 11 May 2006 12:33 am, Vinod Panicker wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I read all the guides for deployment, tried with wagon, without wagon,
>> > single file deployment and private key authentication as well, but I'm
>> > not able to get my linux machine to deploy on a win2k server running
>> > openssh.
>> >
>> > Trying to use scp to do so, but its a no go. scp from the command line
>> > works fine.
>> >
>> > Pasting sections of settings.xml and pom.xml -
>> >
>> > <project>
>> >     <build>
>> >       <extensions>
>> >         <extension>
>> >           <groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>
>> >           <artifactId>wagon-ssh-external</artifactId>
>> >           <version>1.0-alpha-5</version>
>> >         </extension>
>> >       </extensions>
>> >     </build>
>> >     <distributionManagement>
>> >       <repository>
>> >         <id>server-repo</id>
>> >         <name>Local Repository</name>
>> >         <url>scpexe://192.168.1.1/cygdrive/e/m2</url>
>> >       </repository>
>> >     </distributionManagement>
>> > </project>
>> >
>> > <settings>
>> >   <servers>
>> >     <server>
>> >       <id>server-repo</id>
>> >       <username>administrator</username>
>> >     </server>
>> >   </servers>
>> > </settings>
>> >
>> > I've got my private key in /home/user/.ssh and the server is
>> > appropriately configured to accept it.  As said before, I can do an
>> > scp from the command line with the same credentials.
>> >
>> > Should I reopen WAGONSSH-30?
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Vinod.
>> >

>> Waht do you mean by deploy not working? Do you get an error or
>> stacktrace when
>> deploying or does the build succeed but the artifact is not deployed
>> to the
>> repo? If there's a stacktrace, can you please post it?
>
> It used to just hang.  I just retried it, and this time it gave an
> error "No such file or directory".  Apparently it doesn't create the
> directory structure in the repo.  I manually created the directory
> structure and it is able to deploy just fine.

Can you run with 'mvn -e ...' and post the stacktrace.

Re: [m2] deploy not working

Posted by Vinod Panicker <vi...@gmail.com>.
On 5/11/06, Vinod Panicker <vi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/11/06, Henry S. Isidro <hi...@exist.com> wrote:

> > > It used to just hang.  I just retried it, and this time it gave an
> > > error "No such file or directory".  Apparently it doesn't create the
> > > directory structure in the repo.  I manually created the directory
> > > structure and it is able to deploy just fine.
> > >
> > That is weird. It should be able to create directories in the repository as
> > needed, you need not create them manually. If you can recreate the problem
> > and a stackrace (use mvn deploy -e) maybe we can diagnose it further.
>
> Same thing happened when I tried from a windows box, BTW.  WIll check
> the stack trace tomorrow and post it.  Will also double check on the
> permissions.

Turns out this is a problem with Openssh for windows.  The mkdir
commands are just hanging.  Will upgrade to the latest version of
cygwin and openssh.

Regards,
Vinod.

Re: [m2] deploy not working

Posted by Vinod Panicker <vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: [m2] deploy not working

Posted by "Henry S. Isidro" <hi...@exist.com>.
On Thursday 11 May 2006 12:27 pm, Vinod Panicker wrote:
> On 5/11/06, Henry S. Isidro <hi...@exist.com> wrote:
> > On Thursday 11 May 2006 12:33 am, Vinod Panicker wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I read all the guides for deployment, tried with wagon, without wagon,
> > > single file deployment and private key authentication as well, but I'm
> > > not able to get my linux machine to deploy on a win2k server running
> > > openssh.
> > >
> > > Trying to use scp to do so, but its a no go. scp from the command line
> > > works fine.
> > >
> > > Pasting sections of settings.xml and pom.xml -
> > >
> > > <project>
> > >     <build>
> > >       <extensions>
> > >         <extension>
> > >           <groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>
> > >           <artifactId>wagon-ssh-external</artifactId>
> > >           <version>1.0-alpha-5</version>
> > >         </extension>
> > >       </extensions>
> > >     </build>
> > >     <distributionManagement>
> > >       <repository>
> > >         <id>server-repo</id>
> > >         <name>Local Repository</name>
> > >         <url>scpexe://192.168.1.1/cygdrive/e/m2</url>
> > >       </repository>
> > >     </distributionManagement>
> > > </project>
> > >
> > > <settings>
> > >   <servers>
> > >     <server>
> > >       <id>server-repo</id>
> > >       <username>administrator</username>
> > >     </server>
> > >   </servers>
> > > </settings>
> > >
> > > I've got my private key in /home/user/.ssh and the server is
> > > appropriately configured to accept it.  As said before, I can do an
> > > scp from the command line with the same credentials.
> > >
> > > Should I reopen WAGONSSH-30?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Vinod.
> >
> > Waht do you mean by deploy not working? Do you get an error or stacktrace
> > when deploying or does the build succeed but the artifact is not deployed
> > to the repo? If there's a stacktrace, can you please post it?
>
> It used to just hang.  I just retried it, and this time it gave an
> error "No such file or directory".  Apparently it doesn't create the
> directory structure in the repo.  I manually created the directory
> structure and it is able to deploy just fine.

That is weird. It should be able to create directories in the repository as
needed, you need not create them manually. If you can recreate the problem
and a stackrace (use mvn deploy -e) maybe we can diagnose it further.

- Henry

Re: [m2] deploy not working

Posted by Vinod Panicker <vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: [m2] deploy not working