Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by rahul bhola <rb...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/20 00:50:59 UTC

integrating rfb instead of current robot

hi,
  as we know the current robot is too slow so i researched on rfb used in
VNC.currently there are three protocols supported and it has 4 main
encodings not considering the custom coding.  It could greatly improve the
speed of sharing. in this system instead of buffering the whole desktop at
regular intervals there are action listeners who listen and then send the
changes in the format agreed by the client and server . the client keeps
the last copy of the server until and unless the server does not send some
message again in the form of rectangles. also instead of complete page
buffering it is split into many parts so instead of buffering the whole
page only a small amount of desktop is buffered .
 currently i got my exams this week will start working on coding as soon as
possible

regards
Rahul
Bits Pilani
India

Re: integrating rfb instead of current robot

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I have downloaded tightvnc and invoked  wc -l rfb/rfbproto.h
Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
http://dataved.ru/
+7 916 562 8095

Posted by rahul bhola <rb...@gmail.com>.
in vnc???

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by rahul bhola <rb...@gmail.com>.
Please review my proposal

https://google-melange.appspot.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/rahul_bhola/1

regards
Rahul
Bits Pilani
India

Posted by rahul bhola <rb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by rahul bhola <rb...@gmail.com>.
hi,

Posted by rahul bhola <rb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by rahul bhola <rb...@gmail.com>.
will take care of that part

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by rahul bhola <rb...@gmail.com>.
but i dont think that we need comple source we will need to change it to
integrate to current module

Posted by rahul bhola <rb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by rahul bhola <rb...@gmail.com>.
well we wont be completely using RFB as it would require to change the
existing module what we can do is that like currently the robot keeps on
buffering the image instead we could start that it would buffer image only
when there is a change also not to mention that the client should be having
the last image stored in its memory.Also one more thing is that for slow
chanels there are diffrent encodings i dont know much about citrix but when
i was lookin into source of VNC i saw that it had many encodings for slow
network preferably ZRLE is fine but with low security. also converting the
entire image into rectangles is a good concept
Regards
Rahul

Re: integrating rfb instead of current robot

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Users want a simpler thing - limiting existing sharing to one specific
application window.

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Which ports this protocol uses? How big is standard vnc implementation (in
lines of code)?

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello Rahul
Do you plan to implement rfb from scratch or integrate with existing
solution?