Posted to dev@kibble.apache.org by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org> on 2020/09/01 18:15:53 UTC

Cloning Kibble Github Source Repo with http instead of https?

Hi All

At the moment when you add a github source to kibble it needs to be https (there is a format check on the input field) and you to also add a github username and password to allow the cloning so the source can be processed. So I have a couple of questions to around this.

1. Will http work instead of https?
2. Github is planning to stop basic authentication very soon so the username and password will stop working. Is there anything we can do instead

Any thoughts or comments ?

Thanks
Sharan

Re: Cloning Kibble Github Source Repo with http instead of https?

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi All

While I am here, I will respond on this too.

We need https and github will be deprecating basic authentication so you need to use a token to add sources. We will need a minor adjustment on the widget to load sources to ask for the token instead of a password.

Thanks
Sharan