Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2002/06/07 02:37:26 UTC

DNSServer

 - Can we please update dnsjava to v1.2.4?  :-)  There are quite a few bug
fixes.

 - Is this code correct?

In rawDNSLookup(String namestr, boolean querysent, short type), if it isn't
in the cache, we call do the query based upon the type, then have the
recursive call:

   return rawDNSLookup(namestr, true, Type.MX);

which goes back and uses the cached information.  HOWEVER ... shouldn't it
be:

   return rawDNSLookup(namestr, true, type);

Seems to me that the only reason it works now is because MX records are the
only ones queried by James.

 - What can do we about adding more functionality?

I'd like, for example, InSpammerBlacklist to query the TXT record.  In order
to do that, I need to add more functionality to DNSServer.  The easy way is
the way Serge didn't want to go because it exposes org.xbill.DNS.

Actually, are DNS classes something that would make sense for Avalon to add
as a core component, available to all Avalon based servers?

	--- Noel