Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Raihan Jamal <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/11 05:31:04 UTC

Anything wrong with this query?

I have this below query, whenever I try to execute it, I always get error,
which I am not able to understand.

SELECT
   t1.buyer_id,
   t1.item_id,
   t1.created_time,
   t2.product_id,
   t2.timestamps
FROM
   TestingTable1 t1
   JOIN
   (
   SELECT
      user_id,
      prod_and_ts.product_id as product_id,
      prod_and_ts.timestamps as timestamps
   FROM
      TestingTable2
      LATERAL VIEW explode(purchased_item) exploded_table as prod_and_ts
   ) t2
   ON(t1.buyer_id = t2.user_id)
WHERE
   (t1.item_id <> t2.product_id)
   OR (unix_timestamp(t1.created_time) <> t2.timestamps);

I always get error as-

*FAILED: Error in semantic analysis: line 13:6 Invalid Table Alias or
Column Reference prod_and_ts*

*Raihan Jamal*

Re: Anything wrong with this query?

Posted by Vijay <te...@gmail.com>.
When you say
LATERAL VIEW explode(purchased_item) exploded_table as prod_and_ts
The last alias is an alias to a column; not a table. explode will only
produce one column per row; it cannot produce multiple columns. I hope
that helps.