Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Demai Ni <ni...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/02 22:16:30 UTC

hadoopQA links to findbugs warning broken

hi, folks,

I encountered this problem a couple times already. Basically, hadoopQA
cames back with complain about "-1 findbugs. ..", then I tried to following
the links in the hadoopQA report to diag, but none of the findbugs links
works. The latest example is here: for hbase-9531
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-9531?focusedCommentId=14050589&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-14050589.

I don't think I am the only 'luck' one. :-) Any clue on that? thanks a lot

Demai

Re: hadoopQA links to findbugs warning broken

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Links should be working now.  They broke when we moved to git. I added
copying HTML artifacts too was probably needed too

Stack

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Demai Ni <ni...@gmail.com>.
Stack,

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Demai Ni <ni...@gmail.com>.
Ted and Mikhail, many thanks for the tip. I will do it locally.... Demai

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.
I've seen the same before and followed Ted's suggestion above on how to see
findbug warnings.

Though unless I'm missing something, running maven findbugs:findbugs
command will show all warnings for the module, not specifically the ones
which appear to be introduced by the patch being tested. Would be nice to
have the link to the concise list of warnings related to patch.

Also, seems like test reporting is somewhat messed up?
https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HBASE-Build/9940//testReport/ -
this link redirects to
https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HBASE-Build/9940// and it doesn't
show failed tests report, right?

-Mikhail

> You can execute the following command locally:
> mvn clean package findbugs:findbugs
>
> then you would be able to check target/findbugsXml.xml under respective
> module.
>
> Cheers
>

> On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Demai Ni <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > hi, folks,
> >
> > I encountered this problem a couple times already. Basically, hadoopQA
> > cames back with complain about "-1 findbugs. ..", then I tried to
> following
> > the links in the hadoopQA report to diag, but none of the findbugs links
> > works. The latest example is here: for hbase-9531
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-9531?focusedCommentId=14050589&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-14050589
> > .
> >

> > I don't think I am the only 'luck' one. :-) Any clue on that? thanks a
> lot
> >
> > Demai

Michael Antonov

Re: hadoopQA links to findbugs warning broken

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.