Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Qin Ding <Qi...@crimsonworks.com.sg> on 2012/01/12 07:52:36 UTC

About the copyright of MINA SSHD

Dear owners of Apache MINA SSHD,

We're developing Android SSH/SFTP server using MINA SSHD library, and is
there any instruction to follow to display copyright of Apache MINA SSHD
when publishing our software to Android Marketplace?

Thanks!
Sincerely

Qin Ding
- A tough life needs no explanation!

Re: About the copyright of MINA SSHD

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 1/12/12 7:52 AM, Qin Ding wrote:
> Dear owners of Apache MINA SSHD,
>
> We're developing Android SSH/SFTP server using MINA SSHD library, and is
> there any instruction to follow to display copyright of Apache MINA SSHD
> when publishing our software to Android Marketplace?

Hi,

you should mention that you are using an Apache product in your software
(for instance, if you have a way to display some information in your
app, like in a 'About' window, you should add 'This product includes
software developed by the Apache Software Foundation http://apache.org/'
and add that ' Apache SSHd, SSHd, Apache, the Apache feather logo, and
the Apache MINA project logos are trademarks of The Apache Software
Foundation.'.)

You must also include the ASL 2.0 license as an attachement, as
explained in http://www.apache.org/dev/apply-license.html#new, and the
provided NOTICE files which contains attribution to the other projects
Apache SSHd is using.

Also if you mention that your application is based on SSHd, don't forget
to use 'Apache SSHd' instead of just SSHd, plas to add a line mentioning
that it's copyrighted.

Last, not least, don't delete the ASL 2.0 license header from the files.

That's pretty much it, AFAIK, but IANAL.

Otherwise, you are totally free to change the code, add some code, even
change the license of your code : it's all free and up to you :)

Have fun ! And thanks for using SSHd !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com