Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Marcel Hoffmann <mh...@opentext.com> on 2006/02/06 16:53:26 UTC

The id "x" already exists in this document - Headers and Footers

Hi,
I have a problme with the "id already exists" issue that has - to my
knowledge - not been discussed in this group.

The fo file I use carries a fo:wrapper node in the header section. The
wrapper node appears only once. Nevertheless FOP is not able to process
the fo file and returns the following error code.

[ERROR] file:/E:/chiron/batchprotest/test4.fo:2:2947 The id
"Produktname" already exists in this document

Does anyone know a solution for this that can be emplyed before the
release of FOP 1.0

M. Hoffmann

Re: The id "x" already exists in this document - Headers and Footers

Posted by Jens Skripczynski <sk...@myrealbox.com>.
On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 16:53:26 +0100, Marcel Hoffmann
<mh...@opentext.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a problme with the "id already exists" issue that has - to my
> knowledge - not been discussed in this group.
>
> The fo file I use carries a fo:wrapper node in the header section. The
> wrapper node appears only once. Nevertheless FOP is not able to process
> the fo file and returns the following error code.
> [ERROR] file:/E:/chiron/batchprotest/test4.fo:2:2947 The id
> "Produktname" already exists in this document
>
> Does anyone know a solution for this that can be emplyed before the
> release of FOP 1.0
I think this is a xml problem.

You seem to use something like
<sometag>
   <tag id="Produktname" />
   <othertag id="Produktname" />
</sometag>

But id tags need to be unique. Try to use an xml validator on your
document to
check if it is valid xml.

--

Jens Skripczynski [skripi-lists(at) myrealbox (dot) com]

Re: The id "x" already exists in this document - Headers and Footers

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@apache.org>.
Marcel Hoffmann wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a problme with the "id already exists" issue that has - to my
> knowledge - not been discussed in this group.
>
> The fo file I use carries a fo:wrapper node in the header section. The
> wrapper node appears only once. Nevertheless FOP is not able to process
> the fo file and returns the following error code.

ID's must be unique for the entire XSL document, not just for a class of
formatting objects.

> [ERROR] file:/E:/chiron/batchprotest/test4.fo:2:2947 The id
> "Produktname" already exists in this document
>
> Does anyone know a solution for this that can be emplyed before the
> release of FOP 1.0

Ensure unique ID's for all formatting objects.  Is there a reason why
that is not possible here?

Glen

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Marcel Hoffmann wrote:
> I have a problme with the "id already exists" issue that has - to my
> knowledge - not been discussed in this group.
>
> The fo file I use carries a fo:wrapper node in the header section. The
> wrapper node appears only once. Nevertheless FOP is not able to process
> the fo file and returns the following error code.
>
> [ERROR] file:/E:/chiron/batchprotest/test4.fo:2:2947 The id
> "Produktname" already exists in this document

I'm not sure what you mean by "header section".

FOP 0.20.5 has a few bug which cause this error message even for
perfectly legal FO input.
- Do not reference IDs in static content
- Do not reference IDs in table cells which are in rows with a
  keep-together or keep-with-next property or which are followed
  by a row with a keep-with-previous property
- Be careful referencing IDs in content which may be rebalanced
  due to footnotes or due to span="all" blocks in a multi-column
  layout.

J.Pietschmann