Posted to dev@apisix.apache.org by Zexuan Luo <sp...@apache.org> on 2021/02/19 07:49:11 UTC

[DISCUSS] Remove the support of OpenResty 1.15.8

Currently we support OpenResty 1.15.8 ~ 1.19.3

Unlike the latter versions, OpenResty 1.15.8 has some limitations:
* lack of support for OpenSSL 1.1.1 / TLS 1.3
* need some hack to simulate new features:
https://github.com/apache/apisix/blob/b777146d00eb1682d78ab01be9064e79c151e0a4/apisix/cli/ngx_tpl.lua#L568

To make life easier, I think we should remove the support of OpenResty
1.15.8 gradually.

First step, require OpenResty 1.17.8.2+ in rpm/deb package
After a few months, we will remove OpenResty 1.15.8 support in the source code.

Re: [DISCUSS] Remove the support of OpenResty 1.15.8

Posted by YuanSheng Wang <me...@apache.org>.
> agree. In the long term, should we only support the two most recent
> OpenResty releases?

this is enough. agree +1

--

*MembPhis*
My GitHub: https://github.com/membphis

Re: [DISCUSS] Remove the support of OpenResty 1.15.8

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chao Zhang <zc...@gmail.com>.
Agree + 1.

Chao Zhang