Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Linden H van der (MI)" <H....@MI.unimaas.nl> on 2005/03/12 14:30:14 UTC

Question on CForms - relevant for 2.1.7

Guys,

I don't manage to stay current on the ins and outs of CForms, current
state and its future. I'm currently working on removing the tablebased
layout from the forms-*-styling.xsl files. I would very much like it to
be added to 2.1.7, so I'm doing my best to get it done before the code
freeze.

I got the idea to adjust the form1 examples to something more along the
lines of:

http://www.aplus.co.yu/css/forms/

I.e. a bit more realistic and a menu that shows different styles.

What I'd like to know is: how many differences are there between HEAD
and TRUNK that will make my efforts useless?

Bye, Helma

Re: Question on CForms - relevant for 2.1.7

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Linden H van der (MI) wrote:

>Guys,
>
>I don't manage to stay current on the ins and outs of CForms, current
>state and its future. I'm currently working on removing the tablebased
>layout from the forms-*-styling.xsl files. I would very much like it to
>be added to 2.1.7, so I'm doing my best to get it done before the code
>freeze.
>
>I got the idea to adjust the form1 examples to something more along the
>lines of:
>
>http://www.aplus.co.yu/css/forms/
>
>I.e. a bit more realistic and a menu that shows different styles.
>
>What I'd like to know is: how many differences are there between HEAD
>and TRUNK that will make my efforts useless?

There are no differences, except very minor ones in a few classes.

So you can work safely, your efforts won't be wasted.

Sylvain

Re: Question on CForms - relevant for 2.1.7

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 12 mars 05, à 14:30, Linden H van der (MI) a écrit :
> ...What I'd like to know is: how many differences are there between
> HEAD
> and TRUNK that will make my efforts useless?..

It looks like the *-styling.xsl files are currently identical:

$ cd BRANCH_2_1_X/src/blocks/forms

$ for i in $(find . | grep styling.xsl | grep -v '\.svn') ; do echo $i
; diff $i ../../../../trunk/src/blocks/forms/$i ; done

shows only a difference in the comments of
./samples/resources/forms-field-styling.xsl

-Bertrand