Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org> on 2004/03/31 12:35:23 UTC

Kernel...

The kernel is now all in CVS (it's still sucky, but I'm still working
on it, at least now it compiles and - seems - to run nicely).

I have a few blocks that I want to develop around it (generic stuff,
JDBC connection pool, poolable factories and event handling). I've
noticed that in the Cocoon 2.2 tree there is no "/src/blocks" directory
structure, can I put them in there?

	Pier

Re: Kernel...

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

try clicking on "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"

> For blocks, though, do we want to have them to point at something (like
> the block descriptor, or the home page) or shall we ignore for now?

we *MUST* be able to serve stuff from our URI block identifiers from the
future. it's actually the whole point in having http: based identifiers.

I think that blocks URI should be starting with
http://cocoon.apache.org/block/ because that doesn't change and also
signifies that these URI don't represent namespaces (which will be still
http://apache.org/cocoon) and will also make it easier for us to control
that URL space when we'll need to publish the metadata in it.

--
Stefano.

Re: Kernel...

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Re: Kernel...

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Re: Kernel...

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
On 31 Mar 2004, at 14:26, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Just one addition, we use in Cocoon namespaces a la
> "apache.org/cocoon",
> so the directory structure should look like this I think:
> /src
>   /blocks
>      /apache.org
>          /cocoon
>          /jakarta

+1 :-)

	Pier

Re: Kernel...

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Just one addition, we use in Cocoon namespaces a la "apache.org/cocoon",
> so the directory structure should look like this I think:
> /src
>   /blocks
>      /apache.org
>          /cocoon
>          /jakarta

so why not

  /src
    /blocks
       /org
         /apache
           /cocoon
           /jakarta

?
or

  /src
    /blocks
      /o
       /r
        /g
         /.
          /a

you get the idea

people, we are getting a little bit out of scope here. It does *NOT*
matter how you store blocks in CVS since you WILL NOT be getting out of
CVS anyway!

--
Stefano.

RE: Kernel...

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Just one addition, we use in Cocoon namespaces a la "apache.org/cocoon",
so the directory structure should look like this I think:
/src
  /blocks
     /apache.org
         /cocoon