Posted to user@spark.apache.org by HARSH TAKKAR <ta...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/26 10:47:36 UTC

Vulnerabilities in htrace-core4-4.1.0-incubating.jar jar used in spark.

Hello,

Please let me know if there is a fix available for following
vulnerabilities in htrace jar used in spark jars folder.

LIBRARY: com.fasterxml.jackson.core:jackson-databind

VULNERABILITY IDs :

  CVE-2020-9548

  CVE-2020-9547

  CVE-2020-8840

  CVE-2020-36179

  CVE-2020-35491

  CVE-2020-35490

  CVE-2020-25649

  CVE-2020-24750

  CVE-2020-24616

  CVE-2020-10673

  CVE-2019-20330

  CVE-2019-17531

  CVE-2019-17267

  CVE-2019-16943

  CVE-2019-16942

  CVE-2019-16335

  CVE-2019-14893

  CVE-2019-14892

  CVE-2019-14540

  CVE-2019-14439

  CVE-2019-14379

  CVE-2019-12086

  CVE-2018-7489

  CVE-2018-5968

  CVE-2018-14719

  CVE-2018-14718

  CVE-2018-12022

  CVE-2018-11307

  CVE-2017-7525

  CVE-2017-17485

  CVE-2017-15095

Kind Regards

Harsh Takkar

Re: Vulnerabilities in htrace-core4-4.1.0-incubating.jar jar used in spark.

Posted by Artemis User <ar...@dtechspace.com>.
What scanner did you use? Looks like all CVEs you listed for
jackson-databind-xxx.jar are for older versions (2.9.10.x).  A quick
search on NVD revealed that there is only one CVE (CVE-2020-36518) that
affects your Spark versions.  This CVE (not on your scanned CVE list) is
on jackson-databind jar versions before 2.13.0, and Spark 3.2.1 uses
version 2.12.x.  The other two Spark versions use version 2.10.x.

Surprisingly, Spark 3.2.0 uses the jackson-databind library of version
2.13.0 (don't know why 3.2.1 uses an older version) so Spark 3.2.0
shouldn't have any known CVEs related to jackson-databind. You may want
to either use Spark 3.2.0 or do your own Spark build with the latest
version of jackson-databind lib (2.14.x).

Posted by HARSH TAKKAR <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bjørn Jørgensen <bj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bjørn Jørgensen <bj...@gmail.com>.
Spark version 3.3 will have this fixed.