Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/09 07:14:24 UTC

[testing] test suite layout, testNG, and more

What is the status of our discussions about new test suite layout?
Long ago we decided not to move existing tests until we finish with
that discussion but the discussion seems to be either dead or in coma

Does it make sense to continue putting the tests in order (according to the old
model) and relayout them as soon as we finish the discussion?

Thanks,
Mikhail

Re: [testing] test suite layout, testNG, and more

Posted by Richard Liang <ri...@gmail.com>.
On 10/11/06, Andrew Zhang <zh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/9/06, Richard Liang <ri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 10/9/06, Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > What is the status of our discussions about new test suite layout?
> > > Long ago we decided not to move existing tests until we finish with
> > > that discussion but the discussion seems to be either dead or in coma
> >
> > It's not dead ;-) We are waiting for the completion of j.u.concurrent
> > so that we could run a pilot and continue our discussion.
>

> Looking forward to ...
>
> btw, Harmony may also benifit from "failure and rerun" feature of TestNG. I
> believe developers will like it!

Sure ;-)

--
Richard Liang
China Development Lab, IBM

Re: [testing] test suite layout, testNG, and more

Posted by Andrew Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.
On 10/9/06, Richard Liang <ri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/9/06, Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > What is the status of our discussions about new test suite layout?
> > Long ago we decided not to move existing tests until we finish with
> > that discussion but the discussion seems to be either dead or in coma
>
> It's not dead ;-) We are waiting for the completion of j.u.concurrent
> so that we could run a pilot and continue our discussion.

Looking forward to ...

btw, Harmony may also benifit from "failure and rerun" feature of TestNG. I
believe developers will like it!

> > Does it make sense to continue putting the tests in order (according to
> the old
> > model) and relayout them as soon as we finish the discussion?
>
> Yes, it does make sense. Before we draw any new conclusion about
> TestNG, I suggest we follow our existing testing
> conventions/guidelines.
>

> > Thanks,
> > Mikhail

> Richard Liang
> China Development Lab, IBM

Best regards,
Andrew Zhang

Re: [testing] test suite layout, testNG, and more

Posted by Richard Liang <ri...@gmail.com>.
On 10/9/06, Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What is the status of our discussions about new test suite layout?
> Long ago we decided not to move existing tests until we finish with
> that discussion but the discussion seems to be either dead or in coma

It's not dead ;-) We are waiting for the completion of j.u.concurrent
so that we could run a pilot and continue our discussion.

> Does it make sense to continue putting the tests in order (according to the old
> model) and relayout them as soon as we finish the discussion?

Yes, it does make sense. Before we draw any new conclusion about
TestNG, I suggest we follow our existing testing
conventions/guidelines.

> Thanks,
> Mikhail

Richard Liang