Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Nishant Neeraj <ni...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/09 19:23:28 UTC

Wicket Session Management

Hi,

I have a registration system where, when you request for registration, you
are mailed a URL with unique-key as parameter. When user clicks the link, he
lands on a page where I am setting his UserVO object in session. This page
has another BookmarkablePageLink that points to the user's profile setup
page.

Now, when the user clicks the link to profile setup page, I find that
session object has changed... there is no UserVO, plus session's hashCode
and session toString() value is different from the one for the previous
page.

Can anyone provide a clue? Or is it possible for a request originating from
one page can have different session?

Thanks
Nishant

Re: Wicket Session Management

Posted by Nishant Neeraj <ni...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I got the answer.

"Wicket tries to be as stateless as long as possible, I believe it takes
some hints from how your pages are built to know if it needs to keep a
Session around for longer than a Request." [1]

[1] http://basementcoders.com/?p=65&cpage=1

Thanks
Nishant