Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Daniel Seybold <da...@uni-ulm.de> on 2015/06/24 11:46:44 UTC

WebAppCluster with VanillaSoftwareProcess Parameters

Hi guys!

Wie tried to setup a ControlledDynamicWebAppCluster with a Ghost blog
application, which we define as VanillaSoftwareProcess. As you see here:

We define the port of the Ghost server as follows:

   memberSpec:

     $brooklyn:entitySpec:

       - type: brooklyn.entity.basic.VanillaSoftwareProcess

         name: Simple Ghost Server

         id: ghost-server

         brooklyn.config:

           http.port: 2368

         env:

           DB_HOSTNAME:
$brooklyn:component("sql-server").attributeWhenReady("host.name")

         launch.command: |

….

Unfortunately we still get this error and the Nginx remains unconfigured:

ERROR Unable to construct hostname:port representation for
VanillaSoftwareProcessImpl{id=mHdfExDM} (131.0.1.131:null); skipping in
NginxControllerImpl{id=IFdJgNft}

In the Nginx sensor it is stated that the pool consists of:

*{"VanillaSoftwareProcessImpl{id=i6yP6dNG}":null}*

Also there is defined that the port should be an object:

*member.sensor.portNumber
{"typeToken":null,"type":"java.lang.Object","name":"http.port“…*

We also saw that in the case of Ghost (the VanillaSoftwareProcess) the
declaration of the port ends up in being a String
(http.port              2368 – only in the „Config“ section of the
„Summary“ tab, NOT in the „Sensors“ tab, is this a problem?), whereas in
the DynamicWebAppCluster the definition of the port ends up as object
(http.port                {"port":2368} – also in the „Config“ section
of the „Summary“ tab).

So lies the problem, that we can not define a correct port for the Nginx
to be configured correctly, in the fact that a VanillaSoftwareProcess is
not a WebApp? If so, how can we change the configuration of the
VanillaSoftwareProcess or the NginxController to be configured
correctly, without having to touch the source code, but only change the
YAML blueprint?

Best regards

   Daniel