Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Thomas Prommer <Th...@gmx.de> on 2005/06/13 22:07:59 UTC

Error in the decryption process

Hi,

I am working on a university project - using WSS4J for an axis web service
that gets called from a .NET client.
Right now I am still working on a proper communication between a Java client
and a axis web service. It seems like I am having problems on the server
side with the decryption process. I am using my own crypto1.property file
and own keys - this is the error I get on the server side:

Exception in thread "main" AxisFault
faultCode:
{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.generalException
faultSubcode:
faultString: WSDoAllReceiver: security processing failed; nested exception
is:
   org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: Cannot encrypt/decrypt data;
nested exception is:
   java.lang.Exception: alias is null
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
   {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:I210

WSDoAllReceiver: security processing failed; nested exception is:
   org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: Cannot encrypt/decrypt data;
nested exception is:
   java.lang.Exception: alias is null
   at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:221)
   at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:128)
   at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.endElement(DeserializationContext.java:1087)
   at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown
Source)
   at
Source)
   at
Source)
   at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
   at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext.java:227)
   at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:696)
   at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:424)
   at
org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.MustUnderstandChecker.invoke(MustUnderstandChecker.java:62)
   at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:206)
   at
net.wsls._2004._04.WSLS.Service.RPCWSSJavaReadSearchServiceSoapBindingStub.read(RPCWSSJavaReadSearchServiceSoapBindingStub.java:479)
   at net.wsls._2004._04.WSLS.Service.Client.main(Client.java:39)

This is my crypto1.property file - where the alias property is getting
clearly
set:

org.apache.ws.security.crypto.provider=org.apache.ws.security.components.crypto.Merlin
org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.type=jks
org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.password=*replaced*
org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.alias=wsls
org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.alias.password=*replaced*
org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.file=wsls.keystore

my deploy.wsdd on server side:

<requestFlow>
<handler type="java:org.apache.ws.axis.security.WSDoAllReceiver">
<parameter name="passwordCallbackClass"
value="de.mwrg.repository.ws.PWCallBackServer"/>
<parameter name="passwordType" value="PasswordDigest"/>

<!--parameter name="action" value="UsernameToken Timestamp Encrypt"/-->
<parameter name="action" value="UsernameToken Encrypt Signature"/>

<parameter name="decryptionPropFile" value="crypto1.properties" />
<parameter name="signaturePropFile" value="crypto1.properties" />

</handler>
</requestFlow>

Anyone has any thoughts what could cause the error ? I'd really appreciate
any help !

Thanks in advance,
Thomas