Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Fraser Adams <fr...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2014/11/29 18:12:52 UTC

Proton Messenger Python NameError: name 'PN_SASL_CONF' is not defined

Hi All,
I've done a full build off the latest in the Proton git repo, the build
was clean
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..
make

were all happy and

sudo make install

pushed the various bindings into
/usr/local/lib/proton/bindings

Which is what I'd expect having not set -DSYSINSTALL_BINDINGS

I've tried to run msgr-send.py and msg-recv.py in
qpid-proton/tests/tools/apps/python

but I'm seeing

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./msgr-send.py", line 23, in <module>
     from proton import *
   File "/usr/local/lib/proton/bindings/python/proton.py", line 3146, in
<module>
     class SASL(object):
   File "/usr/local/lib/proton/bindings/python/proton.py", line 3209, in
SASL
     STATE_CONF = PN_SASL_CONF
NameError: name 'PN_SASL_CONF' is not defined

In my env I'm seeing
PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/proton/bindings/python:

which I think is OK and from the error above it does look like it's
actually seeing /usr/local/lib/proton/bindings/python/proton.py

Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers,
Frase

Re: Proton Messenger Python NameError: name 'PN_SASL_CONF' is not defined

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
On Sat, 2014-11-29 at 17:12 +0000, Fraser Adams wrote:
>    File "/usr/local/lib/proton/bindings/python/proton.py", line 3209, in
> SASL
>      STATE_CONF = PN_SASL_CONF
> NameError: name 'PN_SASL_CONF' is not defined
>

> Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong?

Just do a make clean before you build. This is caused by leftovers from
a build from before PN_SASL_CONF got removed.

Andrew