Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org> on 2019/05/04 22:06:47 UTC

[VOTE] ComDev supports formation of D&I committee

I propose that ComDev submmit the following statement to the board:

"The ComDev PMC hereby requests that the board create a President's
committee tasked with supporting our communities in their efforts to be
diverse and welcoming places, and tasked with helping the ASF formulate a
strategy to improve our diversity and inclusiveness.  The ComDev PMC
likewise formally requests that the new committee look for ways in which
ComDev can support our progress in these areas."

Here's my +1.

Best Regards,
Myrle
PMC Member, Apache Community Development

Re: [VOTE] ComDev supports formation of D&I committee

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1

Jacques

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Awasum Yannick <aw...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <ro...@gardler.me>.
+1

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
I am +1 on the spin out; I am -1 on ComDev specifying a President's cmmt as the form of the spin out.

Posted by Griselda Cuevas <gr...@google.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Dinesh Joshi <dj...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Nate McCall <zz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org>.
Hi Steph,

Great to see you on the list!  We've created a new mailing list for this:
Just send an email to diversity-subscribe@apache.org.  Join us!  Introduce
yourself!  It's a public mailing list, so you can see the work we're
already doing.  One of the things you'll find there is a proposal for the
board to create a D&I president's committee.  The board will be voting on
it at the May 15th board meeting.

My proposal here is intended to gauge comdev's position on it to inform
that decision.  I'll be capturing binding and non-binding votes when I
close the vote at the end of the week, so feel free to give your own +1 or
-1 on this!

Best Regards,
Myrle

Posted by Steph van Schalkwyk <sv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Myrle

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
 I too believe this to be part of ComDev's charter, but it is clear that we
have done little to address it since the formation of this PMC. So indeed
perhaps it is the time to try something new.

+1 to that something new although I remain ambivalent to what specific form
this committee/pmc/thingy should take.

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@apache.org>.
+0

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org>.
My apologies Kenneth.  I'm not sure how I missed you.

Best,
Myrle

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.

*From: *Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org>