Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/26 09:05:34 UTC

Yoko is CORBA 2.4. Is this acceptable for Harmony?

Guys,

I've started discussion on Yoko dev list about the ways of using Yoko
in Harmony...

Yoko people stated the following issue:

> From: Anders Hessellund Jensen <ah...@trifork.com>
> === cut ===
>As I understand it, the 1.5 spec requires CORBA version 2.3.1 + a few
>additions from later releases. Yoko implements CORBA version 2.4 (i
>think). It is currently not possible to run Yoko using version 2.3 of
> the CORBA spec.
>=== cut ===

Is that acceptable for Harmony to be one step ahead 1.5 spec in CORBA?

SY, Alexey

--
Alexey A. Petrenko
Intel Middleware Products Division

Re: Yoko is CORBA 2.4. Is this acceptable for Harmony?

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
AIUI Java 6 still has CORBA v2.3.1 like Java 5, but that implementers
are free to use a later version [1].

I see no problem with us using CORBA 2.4.  In fact we should actively
keep up to date with the external specs where we can.

Regards,
Tim

[1] See http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/idl/compliance.html

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

Re: Yoko is CORBA 2.4. Is this acceptable for Harmony?

Posted by Mikhail Fursov <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I've started discussion on Yoko dev list about the ways of using Yoko
> in Harmony...
>
> Yoko people stated the following issue:
>
>> From: Anders Hessellund Jensen <ah...@trifork.com>
>> As I understand it, the 1.5 spec requires CORBA version 2.3.1 + a few
>> additions from later releases. Yoko implements CORBA version 2.4 (i
>> think). It is currently not possible to run Yoko using version 2.3 of
>> the CORBA spec.
>
> Is that acceptable for Harmony to be one step ahead 1.5 spec in CORBA?

As long as 2.4 is a  proper superset of 2.3, I can't guess why not.

(And don't forget the [classlib] part of your Subject line :)

geir