Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Henry Cai <he...@slack-corp.com.INVALID> on 2022/11/28 05:38:23 UTC

Can ZK detect dead server?

Hi,

We are on ZK 3.6.4 version and we are using Zookeeper Dynamic configuration:

reconfigEnabled=true

dynamicConfigFile=/etc/zookeeper/zoo.cfg.dynamic.7002ab351

We noticed a problem with the server lists in
/etc/zookeeper/zoo.cfg.dynamic.7002ab351, the list gets longer when a new
server is joining, but it never shrinks when a server dies.  We saw the
SocketConnectionException or TimeoutException when the live servers were
trying to talk to dead servers.

Do we need to manually reconfig the cluster when a server dies?