Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Minh Do <md...@nextag.com> on 2003/12/17 03:20:28 UTC

RE: [vote] Project Name

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Boynes [mailto:jeremy@coredevelopers.net]
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 6:27 PM
To: Geronimo-Dev
Subject: [vote] Project Name

One of things we must do before exiting the incubator is to finally
decide on the project name. Several people have expressed concern over
the name and think it should be changed; others have argued to keep it.
All in all there has been a good deal of discussion on this list, on
general@incubator and on members@apache - whilst ongoing discussion is
good, let's not rehash old threads.

I think it is better to resolve this sooner rather than later, and
propose the following process. Firstly, a simple yes/no vote on keeping
the name "Geronimo" - majority approval (yeahs >= 3 && yeahs > nays). If
the result is no, then we have a round of nominations (which will be
filtered by the PPMC) and then a two-round vote to select a new name.

Binding votes come from Geronimo PPMC members - please reply and update
the STATUS file in CVS with your vote. For advisory (non-binding) votes,
please respond to this thread.

[ ] Yes, Keep the name Geronimo
[X] No, Change the name

Voting will close at 6PM PST on 12/21/03

--
Jeremy

RE: [vote] Project Name

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@yahoo.com>.