Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Paul Mansfield <pa...@psineteurope.com> on 2004/01/09 18:06:57 UTC

Re: turbine,torque / jetspeed

On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 17:31, karthikeyan wrote:
> anyone know where to get old "turbine.jar" file to use with jetspeed.
> I am unable to locate pre 2.0 versions of jars (torque, turbine)

turbine-2.2 jar is to be part of the jetspeed1.4 distribution, so
perhaps if u downloaded older versions of jetspeed then you'd find older
turbine.jars... however they'd be binary only.

HTH,
Paul

Re: turbine,torque / jetspeed

Posted by karthikeyan <ka...@email.unc.edu>.
I was looking for old turbine,torque jars .. now my compilation
with old jetspeed 1.3a  is successful and running.

To do so.. I have get rid of all the "RESIDUE " jar
files from all possible "LOOK UP" directories before compilation
including JDK, TOMCAT, ANT, etc., may be this suggestion
will help some one to get rid of "100+ errors and 425+" warnings..
purely based on "UPDATES"

If any one know about some "MAGIC TOOL" wich automatically identify
deprecated java codes and write/suggest equivalent codes based on
updated "jars"
based some dictionary of "class" evolution..  pl. enlighten me... I
think eventually
such tools will evolve ...... as discussed recently in one of the java
forums..

Thanks to every one for useful suggestions and comments.

--
M. Karthikeyan, Ph.D., Scientist

RE: Global context settings?

Posted by Jeremy Ford <ca...@hotmail.com>.
If your settings are in the property files, you could try using
$config.getString("myproperty") in your portlet vm.  Also, take a look at
the tool section TurbineResources.properties if you need to place your own
tools in the context.

Jeremy Ford
jford@apache.org