Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Cristian Ciobanu <cr...@istream.today> on 2015/09/03 20:45:19 UTC

CloudStack Network configuration

Hello,

     I have some issue with the network, i'm not sure how to configure the public and private network to work on OVH in Vrack.  because i have only this documentation from OVH and the documentation is only for for machine itself and for ESXI/Proxmox/xen : http://help.ovh.com/VrackInfrastructureServer# (maybe somone can translate to for cloudstack (Cent-OS/KVM)

The RIPE (Public IP's ) need to be bridged via eth1 also the private IP ( but i don't find the solution also i need to do the right config on the management server )

Can someone help me ?

Thanks!
Cristian

Re: CloudStack Network configuration

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.
You can find a bunch at http://dl.openvm.eu

--
Erik

Posted by Erdősi Péter <fa...@niif.hu>.
2015.09.04. 12:34 keltezéssel, Vadim Kimlaychuk írta:
> To ensure high quality of your service don't use ready-to-use templates.
> They are not very popular as well. Everyone deploys their own as I know.
Yeah... We usually upload an ISO, install it, prepare what We want and
make a template from the prepared VM, and than make it public of course...

Anyways, I suggest you, next time start a new thread for a new question.

Regards,
 Peter

Re: CloudStack Network configuration

Posted by Vadim Kimlaychuk <va...@kickcloud.net>.

Posted by Cristian Ciobanu <cr...@istream.today>.
> [...]

> Some hosting providers limit switchports to a set of pre-defined
> MAC-addresses, and that is going to be a pain in the ass to overcome.
>
> --
> Erik
>
> On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 8:45 PM, Cristian Ciobanu
> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have some issue with the network, i'm not sure how to configure the
> public and private network to work on OVH in Vrack. because i have only
> this documentation from OVH and the documentation is only for for
> machine itself and for ESXI/Proxmox/xen :
> http://help.ovh.com/VrackInfrastructureServer# [5] (maybe somone can
> translate to for cloudstack (Cent-OS/KVM)
>
> The RIPE (Public IP's ) need to be bridged via eth1 also the private
IP (

>> but i don't find the solution also i need to do the right config on

Links:
------

Posted by Vadim Kimlaychuk <va...@kickcloud.net>.
Hello Cristian,

> [...]

> Some hosting providers limit switchports to a set of pre-defined
> MAC-addresses, and that is going to be a pain in the ass to overcome.
>
> --
> Erik
>
> On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 8:45 PM, Cristian Ciobanu
> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have some issue with the network, i'm not sure how to configure the
> public and private network to work on OVH in Vrack. because i have only
> this documentation from OVH and the documentation is only for for
> machine itself and for ESXI/Proxmox/xen :
> http://help.ovh.com/VrackInfrastructureServer# [5] (maybe somone can
> translate to for cloudstack (Cent-OS/KVM)
>
> The RIPE (Public IP's ) need to be bridged via eth1 also the private
  IP (

>> but i don't find the solution also i need to do the right config on

Links:
------

Posted by Cristian Ciobanu <cr...@istream.today>.
Thanks for clarification, the best option for me will be the Basic networking.

Can you help me with this ?

Regards,
Cristian

On 9/3/2015 10:18:12 PM, Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
Both types will allow you to have public traffic, but in different ways.

- Basic is the typical flat network, aka Amazon EC2, where each VM get its
own public ipaddress.
The downside is that the max size of your cloud is equal to your ip pool
(minus a few to system vms).

- Advanced is isolated in one way or another, the typical is VLAN but other
options exist, where tenant networks are behind source nat. This
drastically reduces the necessarity of public ips, but means you have to

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Cristian Ciobanu <cr...@istream.today>.
Hello,

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.