Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Robert Blank <ro...@s2003.tu-chemnitz.de> on 2007/03/23 12:13:40 UTC

Upload Widget and Ajax with IE

Hello,

i have a Problem with an upload widget in a form in which ajax is
activated using Internet Explorer (6 and 7). When I click the save-form
button it gets deactivated and nothing more happens. With FF everything
works - the form reloads and shows the correct result after the save.
Without ajax it works with both browsers. Is this a bug or is there any
special with IE, ajax and upload widget? Btw I'm using Cocoon 2.1.10.

Robert Blank

Re: Upload Widget and Ajax with IE

Posted by Robert Blank <ro...@s2003.tu-chemnitz.de>.
Robert Blank schrieb:
> In Cocoon Sample
> (http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/release/samples/blocks/forms/uploadprogress)
> it works. But when i use the form definition and the template it does
> not work with IE. IE send after form-submit an other request than FF and
> it seems that IE can not/does not do anything with the response and get
> stucked.. any ideas?

Sorry... in the Samples it does not work... So it is maybe a bug?!

Robert

Re: Upload Widget and Ajax with IE

Posted by Robert Blank <ro...@s2003.tu-chemnitz.de>.
johnson schrieb:
> There's something strange when using ajax and upload widget, I've two
> solution.
>
> 1. using iframe combine two form, one the oridinary , the other upload
> widget.
>
> 2. add a button to set the state of upload widget to output when you are
> not using it fuction.
>
> both method will work.
>
> Best rgards

Hmm... that did not realy help me.
In Cocoon Sample
(http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/release/samples/blocks/forms/uploadprogress)
it works. But when i use the form definition and the template it does
not work with IE. IE send after form-submit an other request than FF and
it seems that IE can not/does not do anything with the response and get
stucked.. any ideas?

Robert,

PS: I found out (in the saples) that the sitemap changed for ajax a bit:
<map:when test="true">
   <map:select type="request-parameter">
     <map:parameter name="parameter-name" value="dojo.transport"/>
     <map:when test="iframe">
       <map:transform
src="resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/IframeTransport-bu-styling.xsl"/><!---->
       <map:serialize type="xhtml"/><!-- this is REALLY important -->
     </map:when>
     <map:otherwise>
       <map:serialize type="xml"/>
     </map:otherwise>
   </map:select>
</map:when>
But this does not helped..

Re: Upload Widget and Ajax with IE

Posted by johnson <jo...@erp.tw>.
There's something strange when using ajax and upload widget, I've two
solution.

1. using iframe combine two form, one the oridinary , the other upload
widget.

2. add a button to set the state of upload widget to output when you are
not using it fuction.

both method will work.

Best rgards

johnson