Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Frank Zheng <be...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/10 04:15:34 UTC

getExitStatus() in org.apache.hadoop.yarn.api.records

Hi all,

Is there any open source code for getExitStatus() in the package
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.api.records?
I just find four status 0, -100, -101 and -1000.
Can anyone tell me what is the detailed information for them? And is there
any other status?

Thanks!
Yu

Re: getExitStatus() in org.apache.hadoop.yarn.api.records

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.
I suppose you mean ContainerStatus.getExitStatus(). This is the exit status
of the process corresponding to the container if the process actually ran
and exited. In case the container didn't even run physically, it could
refer to special exit codes like you listed. In sum,
 - Normal exit status = exit codes from corresponding processes
 - Abnormal exit status = special codes corresponding to containers which
didn't even run. For e.g.,
YarnConfiguration.ABORTED_CONTAINER_EXIT_STATUS=-100.

HTH,
+Vinod

--
+Vinod
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: getExitStatus() in org.apache.hadoop.yarn.api.records

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

--
+Vinod
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: getExitStatus() in org.apache.hadoop.yarn.api.records

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

--
+Vinod
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: getExitStatus() in org.apache.hadoop.yarn.api.records

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

--
+Vinod
Hortonworks Inc.