Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jan <cn...@yahoo.com> on 2015/03/20 18:03:32 UTC

Re: Logging client ID for YCSB workloads on Cassandra?

HI Jatin;
besides enabling Tracing,   is there any other way to get the task done  ?  (to log the client ID for every operation)Please share with the community the solution, so that we could collectively learn from your experience.
cheersJan/

     On Friday, February 20, 2015 12:48 PM, Jatin Ganhotra <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Never mind, got it working.
Thanks :)
—
Jatin GanhotraGraduate Student, Computer ScienceUniversity of Illinois at Urbana Champaignhttp://jatinganhotra.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/jatinganhotra

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 7:09 PM, Jatin Ganhotra <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
I'd like to log the client ID for every operation performed by the YCSB on my Cassandra cluster.
The purpose is to identify & analyze various other consistency measures other than eventual consistency.
I wanted to know if people have done something similar in the past. Or am I missing something really basic here?
Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks
—
Jatin Ganhotra

Re: Logging client ID for YCSB workloads on Cassandra?

Posted by Jatin Ganhotra <ja...@gmail.com>.
Sure. I updated the YCSB code to pass a client ID as input parameter and
then stored the clientID in the properties and used it in the DBWrapper
class for logging per operation
*YCSB/core/src/main/java/com/yahoo/ycsb/DBWrapper.java*

Please let me know if you need more information and I can share my code
samples, if that helps.

—