Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Niranda Perera <ni...@gmail.com> on 2022/08/19 01:34:49 UTC

cmake FindPackage fails in Windows

Hi all,

I have Arrow v8.0.0 installed in my conda environment. Cmake (v3.24.0) is
unable to find Arrow in Windows OS. I have no trouble running it in Linux
though. We have been previously using arrow v5.0.0 and haven't had any
trouble (I have verified it in a new conda env).

CMakeLists.txt

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.22)
project(temp VERSION 1.0 LANGUAGES CXX)

find_package(Arrow REQUIRED)
message("Arrow_Found ${ARROW_FOUND}")
message("Arrow_VERSION ${ARROW_VERSION}")
message("Arrow_FULL_SO_VERION ${ARROW_FULL_SO_VERSION}")

Error in windows:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:5 (find_package):
  By not providing "FindArrow.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has
  asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by "Arrow", but
  CMake did not find one.

  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Arrow" with any
of
  the following names:

    ArrowConfig.cmake
    arrow-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of "Arrow" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
  "Arrow_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If "Arrow"
  provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been
  installed.

What could be the issue here?

Best
--
Niranda Perera
https://niranda.dev/

Re: cmake FindPackage fails in Windows

Posted by Niranda Perera <ni...@gmail.com>.
Interesting. Even if I use the latest cmake from conda-forge I get the same
error though.
(temp) PS C:\temp\build> where.exe cmake
C:\Users\niran\miniconda3\envs\temp\Library\bin\cmake.exe
C:\Program Files\CMake\bin\cmake.exe
(temp) PS C:\temp\build> cmake --version
cmake version 3.24.1

CMake suite maintained and supported by Kitware (kitware.com/cmake).
(temp) PS C:\temp\build> where.exe cmake
C:\Users\niran\miniconda3\envs\temp\Library\bin\cmake.exe
C:\Program Files\CMake\bin\cmake.exe
(temp) PS C:\temp\build> conda list | findstr "cmake"
cmake                     3.24.1               h39d44d4_0    conda-forge

CMake suite maintained and supported by Kitware (kitware.com/cmake).

Posted by Keith Kraus <ke...@voltrondata.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Niranda Perera <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Keith Kraus <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niranda Perera <ni...@gmail.com>.