Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jens Thielen <jt...@dmc.de> on 2002/07/09 11:58:06 UTC

Error-Handling

Hi,
i need help!
i want to handle 404-Errors! If there is a 404-Error, tomcat should show an
error-page.
I'm using Tomcat 3.3 and i put the following in my web.xml

        <error-page>
                <error-code>404</error-code>
                <location>/fehler.mb1</location>
        </error-page>

but it doesn't work! Can anybody help me?

Jens

Re: Error-Handling

Posted by in...@projektinter.net.
Did you check your Server-Log for any errors during parsing the web.xml
after you restartet your container?
Sometimes I made the experiance that it will not take the web.xml. Then a
Server newstart works best.
All the tags need to be in a certain order (lock into the servelet spec)

Rainer

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>