Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net> on 2001/11/10 09:16:02 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/prefork prefork.c

On Saturday 10 November 2001 12:00 am, rbb@apache.org wrote:
> rbb         01/11/10 00:00:41
>
>   Modified:    server/mpm/prefork prefork.c
>   Log:
>   Move prefork to the same API as the rest of the MPMs for setting up
>   listeners.

This has been on my plate for a few months now, but I had to do it today.
I began to write the patch that brings all of the network calls to one place
which can easily be swapped out for another mechanism.  Unfortunately,
as I wrote that patch, I found that the prefork MPM was doing things it's own
way with regard to listening sockets.

Now that the prefork MPM is acting like the rest of the MPMs, I expect to
write the other patch tomorrow some time.  It may take me a few days to
perfect it, but I will have the patch to allow different back-ends by the
end of the week-end.

Ryan
Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org