Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Wladimir Boton <wb...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/09 00:04:12 UTC

Urls with accented characters are not working

Hi, I've installed Roller 3.1 on Jboss 4.0.3SP1 and MySQL 5.0.

I'm having problems with the url generated by Roller with post titles
that have accented characters.
For exemple:
If the title of the post is:
Título do post no Roller
(note the i accute after the T)
the url generated is:
http://localhost/roller/rolleradmin/entry/t%C3%ADtulo_do_post_no_roller
but this url gives a 404 error.

Some know how to fix it?

And it's better for us that the url could be generated to
http://localhost/roller/rolleradmin/entry/titulo_do_post_no_roller

translate the iaccute to i.

All that %C3%AD characters are hard to the user to type on the Address bar.

Is there any way to do that?

--
Wladimir Boton
http://www.wboton.com

Re: Urls with accented characters are not working

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for letting us know.

We should mention that in the install guide, so I filed a bug:
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/roller/browse/ROL-1411

- Dave

Posted by Wladimir Boton <wb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.