Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net> on 2014/03/27 21:23:46 UTC

reducing HDFS FS connection timeouts

It seems to take a very long time to timeout a connection to an invalid NN URI.  Our application is interactive so the defaults of taking many minutes don't work well.  I've tried setting:
conf.set("ipc.client.connect.max.retries", "2");
conf.set("ipc.client.connect.timeout", "7000");
before calling FileSystem.get() but it doesn't seem to matter.
What is the prescribed technique for lowering connection timeout to HDFS?
Thanks
john

Re: reducing HDFS FS connection timeouts

Posted by Hardik Pandya <sm...@gmail.com>.
how about adding

ipc.client.connect.max.retries.on.timeouts
*2 (default is 45)*Indicates the number of retries a client will make on
socket timeout to establish a server connection.
does that help?

Posted by Hardik Pandya <sm...@gmail.com>.
how about adding

Posted by Hardik Pandya <sm...@gmail.com>.